Monday, August 11, 2014

Dipping My Toes into Non-fiction

When it comes to writing non-fiction, I'm like a shy swimmer dipping their toes into the water. I do it, but I don't feel confident when I do. Fiction writing is where I live.

But I have found that writing non-fiction is easier when I write about something this is truly important to me.

I've recently added to my list of published works A Busy Girl's Guide to Natural Curls, because I've went through a lot to get some control over my crazy hair, and I want to help others who are facing the same struggle.



My husband proofread it for me (It's nice being married to a writer), and he mentioned how nice it is that I can make a book about an experience I've had that can help other people.

I'm happy that I wrote it, despite my insecurities. I would like to write a book about creating comics one day, but I feel like I still have so much to learn! By the way, I did the cover illustration.

3 comments :