Monday, January 19, 2015

My New Favorite Tools for Writing Novellas and Manga

While editing my novella, I discovered two helpful applications. Hopefully, if you’re working on a story or a script, you’ll find this helpful too.
MSWord, I think it’s time for us to break up. I’m in love with Ywriter now. I’ve heard this program described as the “no glitz” version of Scrivener. Its interface is bare, but I like it because all my notes on my characters, plot direction, settings, and everything is in the same file. It’s nice not having to dig through multiple Word documents for that information. The application is lightweight, and it wasn’t too hard to figure out.
If you’re writing a script for a comic or a manga, you must try this program. I’m using it to write the script for my next manga right now. The way it allows me to plot out each chapter, and then move the chapters around if they’re not in the best order is wonderful. And it’s free.
The Hemingway Editor is a website that helps edit your writing. It’s especially good at fighting the overuse of adverbs and passive voice. After running my prose through it, I was able to find ways to make my writing clearer. It’s sad how many times I used the word “quietly” in my short novella. 
So that’s all for now. If you’ve found any helpful writing tools, please share! ^_^
If you would like updates about my novellas and manga delivered to your inbox, please join my email list (if you haven't already). 

1 comment :

  1. on its own just cannot make your content rank in Google.Been using Hemingway with optimization tools like KW Finder together since I started writing but my content is still not ranking well in search results. Just found INK, helped me replace both

    ReplyDelete