Friday, June 19, 2015

Why Early Morning is the Best Time to Shop

I've come to realize that the majority of people that I know are night owls. My mom has frequent insomnia, so it's typical for her to be up in the middle of the night. My husband claims that sleeping at night is a waste of time so he's often up working on projects at one and two in the morning. Most of the people we enjoy hanging out with also have a hard time going to bed at a reasonable hour.

However, here's my case for going to bed a little bit earlier and waking up a little bit earlier. I'm not really a morning person myself. I have no problems getting up in the morning, but I hate hearing conversation and laughter the first 30 minutes of being awake. If I hear such things, I go immediately into grouchy mode.

Lately I've been waking up at 6:30 AM, and I really like it. Besides the fact that the house is wonderfully quiet so I can work hard on Lovely Riot, I've found that I love going shopping really early. I like shopping, but I don't enjoy the experience because of the crowds.

I do my grocery shopping on Sunday morning at 7 AM. It's awesome because there is none of that craziness that comes from 11 AM on back. I don't have to trip over people in the aisles (the grocery stores where I live tend to be extremely busy) and there are no long lines to check out. The first time I did this shopping was so easy, it felt like the world had suddenly become perfect.

I think from now on I'm going to try to shop early on Sundays whenever I know I'm going to have to spend a long time in a physical store. All other serious purchases (unless it's like I have to run to the store down the street to pick up some toilet paper or something) will be done on-line.


Now you can follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments :

Post a Comment