Friday, November 6, 2015

Keeping Busy!

In case you're wondering, I haven't written any new posts for the last week and a half because I've been enjoying working on my current projects.

Small Projects

It took some work to get the Smashwords meatgrinder to accept my novella, but after fixing all of the errors, it's finally published.  The Blue Room Café can now be found at the iBooks store, Barnes & Noble, and many other ebook publishers. Here's the Smashwords page for The Blue Room Café. 

Between Kindle and Smashwords, I like Smashwords more. I feel like they give me more control over promoting my book, the wider distribution is nice, and I don't I have to lock myself into using them only to set my book at a certain price.


It's not that I won't stop publishing to Kindle, but I think in the future, I'm going to publish to Smashwords first and not give Kindle exclusivity to my work for 6 months.


Medium Projects

Lately I've been obsessed with planners. I think it comes from a strong inner desire to feel organized. I'm not really an organized person, but I like to imagine that I am.

I've created some printable planner pages that give my doodles new life. Some of these designs actually come from the Post-it note sketches I was drawing. It makes me smile to see how art can be turned into something useful.






The Strawberry Doughnut planner pages are now available on Etsy, and I will be gradually adding the other three sets that I created.

Big Projects

Right now, I only have one big project, and that's working on my manga. I'm still getting over jumping from one story to another, but seeing the difference in how motivated I feel, I'm glad that I did. I'm excited about it. And when I'm excited about a story, it always shows in the energy of the story itself.

The artwork is different from my other stuff, but I like it.

And note to adventurous artists who are Linux users: Medibang Paint works well with Wine. The only thing I miss is the pressure sensitivity from my tablet, but it's not a deal breaker for me. 

With sketch layer.

And without it...


No comments :

Post a Comment