Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Back on the Bike!


Creating a long comic is like having a baby. It has to grow inside you for awhile, and there are a lot of preparations to make before it pops out into the world!

And it's painful.

Sometimes when I look at a page I need to work on, I get morning sickness.

Just kidding. But the nerves I feel are real.

Starting up a long comic is like taking a leap. And it's more daunting since I've done it before. I want to do better than last time. Although I like the pages I'm creating, I keep thinking about everyone who is going to read it. Will they enjoy it?

I wish there was some way to see ahead of time how things are going to go, but there isn't. If there was, every story published would be loved by everyone.

It's like how parents hope that they have a beautiful baby, but in the back of their mind there's that scary what-if...

What if my baby is UGLY?!

No one wants to have an ugly baby, and I don't want to give birth to an ugly story. However, it can and does happen.





No comments :

Post a Comment