Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Young Girls and Butterflies



This is an illustration of the main characters of Mandy & Molly six years before the story starts. The neat thing about this illustration, other than that the girls are super cute, is that I drew this using the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, 2014 Edition.

As a tech nerd and an artist, I always enjoy discovering new digital art tools and apps. 

I found a good deal on this at Ebay. I previously owned the smaller non-note version of this tablet (Galaxy Tab 4), so I knew that it would come with an upgrade to Android Lollipop. It's not the latest, but it's still new enough to be very useful.

I like drawing with this tablet waaaay too much. It's as easy to start sketching on this thing as it is grabbing a pen and paper.

The S-Pen is pressure sensitive and doesn't need charging. The 10-inch screen size is comfortable to work with. The version of Autodesk Sketchbook it comes with is nice. Drawing with the pencil tool and coloring with the Copic marker tool is very natural. The only thing I don't like is sometimes it has issues detecting my pinch gesture to zoom in and zoom out while in pen mode. 

Also with the introduction of Medibang, I'm using this tablet to create comic pages. The only downside is that I can't use my own custom fonts on the tablet, so I have to add text to my pages using the computer version Medibang. 

At first, I was worried at seeing how quickly this tablet ate through battery power, especially when using the S-Pen. But after turning on the power saving mode and adjusting the screen brightness, the battery life became more acceptable--this is important if the tablet is to be used regularly for sketching hours on end. 

So most of the artwork you will see coming from me for now on will be created with the tablet. Of course, there's more to this piece artwork than just making it with a fancy tablet. There's a reason why I drew the girls in this illustration the way that I did. 

Follow me via email for more details about my characters and what inspires me when I draw!



No comments :

Post a Comment