Friday, December 4, 2015

Fan Art and Forcing Myself to Draw Stores



It's tedious--drawing all of the little products is annoying. And don't get me started on all of the straight lines...



I don't enjoy drawing backgrounds, so when I have to draw them, I try to keep it simple. I envy artists who have the patience to draw beautiful, detailed backgrounds. Sometimes I think that if I draw backgrounds more often, I may come to love them. Maybe.

If nothing else, drawing all of the straight lines improved my skills at using the straight line tool in Medibang. I find for me, it does require some physical coordination with the keyboard and mouse to use it right. The mouse works much better with line tool than the stylus.

By the way, I recently received some beautiful fan art for Mascara courtesy of Khristine Pact Borbe via my Facebook page. If you would like to see more fan art, check out the gallery!




And that's all for now. Getting back to work! If you enjoyed this post, make sure to follow me via email where I will start sharing weekly updates about my current writing and comic projects and helpful creative tidbits. Thank you! ^_^ 

No comments :

Post a Comment