Sunday, December 26, 2010

Week Four! <3


Done!!!!!
“Couture” is in the envelope, sealed, and ready to be mailed off tomorrow. I seriously didn’t think I could finish it on time.
But working on this really helped me to see Mascara differently. For one thing, I finally understood how special Ian’s character is—I really couldn’t Couturecoversee it until I started creating someone who is different from him. Also I found some techniques that will make my future pages better.
I will start releasing pages for Couture January 5th. It will be updating in tandem with Mascara for that one day, and then all the other pages will be posted on the weeks that I’m not posting pages for Mascara. I’m  waiting until after January 3rd to release plot info and such.
The plot is~ okay I guess. I’m not a huge fan of writing so few pages because it feels like things are drastically cut short and simplified. If I was allowed more pages and more time, I definitely would’ve went into deeper detail on some parts of this story.
Well that’s it. Now I’m going back to being a Mascara machine. And thanks everyone for your feedback. I totally appreciate it. <3

8 comments :

  1. Love the cover! Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you yesterday. Didn't find out you were at Daytona till today. Hopefully we can meet face to face soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the project. The cover looks very cool with color. I'm looking forward to reading the manga when you start posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! <3

    @Ladyquit: Yeah, that would be really nice. I hope to meet you soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I like the girl's hair color! Good choice, it really stands out. :D And ah-maz-ing pick for the font.
    Hope to read Couture and an updated chapter of Mascara soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. W-o-w

    O.O

    I read on textnovel what you've posted so far, and let me tell ya, it is AMAZING!!!!!!!! You're so talented, and I would've thought it's published and professional had it not been on textnovel. GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!

    I reaaaaally hope you win; they'd be foolish not to chose yours!

    ~13toLifeFannn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I just started reading "Mascara", and I must say I am addicted. You've done a great job! How do you come up with your character designs? How long does it take you to complete a single page? How did you decide to become a manga artist? I'm really curious!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work!! Congratulations ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Hiddenwings: Thanks!^^

    @anonymous a.k.a 13toLifeFann: I'm going to take your comment and save it for those days when I feel like I'm not drawing anything right.:)

    @anonymous: Those are a lot of good questions. I think I'll create a new post just to answer them.

    @ComicArtistBeatrizGarcia: Thanks!^^

    ReplyDelete