Saturday, May 14, 2011

Couture at Barnes&Nobel

Hahaha. Really, I'm not kidding.

Click Here.

I really like testing new ways of sharing my work and seeing where it takes me. I'm not quite sure what this would mean for the future, but it's an option.

So now there is the question of how I did this. Well, I decided to take advantage of the services offered by Smashwords. It is a really awesome site, and for free it will allow you to submit your book and have it available at all of these different retailers. For me, the process between submitting and having it publicly available took about two months. The copyright is still completely mine; Smashwords is just listed as the publisher.

Here is the complete list of retailers where Couture can be downloaded:

Barns&Nobel
Sony
Kobo
Diesel
Apple (ibook store)
Scrollmotion
Smashwords


I have tested out reading Couture on my ereader at home, and I love the way it looks. I really do. Believe it or not, it's actually a bit different from reading it on my computer. I guess the pages look more close up and personal.


If you know what ebook format your device uses or if you only want the PDF, you can download Couture straight from Smashwords, and pick which format is for you. If you don't know which format you need, the list below will be helpful.

This is a list of different devices and which services can be used to download Couture.

Smart phones

Barns&Nobel
ibook store
Kobo
Sony
Nook
Scrollmotion
Diesel

**If you have an Android device, you can also download the Aldiko app, and under the download books option, Smashwords is listed as a distributor. Then you can download Couture from there.**

Ereaders

ibook store
Kobo
Sony
Barns&Nobel-- for the Nook.

**If you have a Kindle, for now it's best to download directly from Smashwords. The format needed for the Kindle is .mobi**



Desktop computers

Barns&Nobel
Kobo
Smashwords—for the PDF


So share this post with friends, acquaintances, and complete and total strangers. :P

And if you've read Couture before, it would be beyond awesome if you would go to Barnes&Nobel or one of these other sites, and rate it/give it a review. That would be really appreciated! <3

7 comments :

  1. Oh WOW! This is totally cool! Congrats on being published (of course it gives me yet another reason to get a NOOK). I am also honored to know the author ^_^ I will go and put my "two cents" on the review page at B & N since I have read Couture. I have to admit that I am terribly excited to see Manga's on the NOOK - something I was wanting to happen really badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, funny thing is, when I saw the title, I thought, Is she kidding?...and then I read the next line, and it was like you could somehow read my mind. :P

    That is so amazingly awesome! If only I had a Nook or an iBook, I would totally get it right now. >.< That picture you posted of Couture on your eReader looks really sleek and professional. <3

    Congratulations on getting published!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^_^ Thanks! Smashwords is really an awesome site. Anyone could do it. It's a whole different thing really, and I'm just addicted to trying and testing out new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really awesome! Congratulations! I'll be sure to rate it and write a review when I get a chance. It's good to see a new author and a friend getting their work published. I like your attitude too. It's good to try out new stuff. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! This is so exciting! I can't wait until Mascara is finished and you get it published too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sweetie! My Hubby bought me a NOOK Color for an early anniversary present and the very first book I purchased was yours! Its awesome to have a manga that I know the artist/writer of - other than the fact I have to turn on the publishers setting each time I want to read it, its perfect and I love it even more now that I have my own personal copy. Can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!And I'm looking forwards to seeing you again too.^^

    ReplyDelete