Friday, June 5, 2015

Making My Own Iced Coffee



I don't know what it is about coffee and creating stuff, but it wakes me up just enough to get my hands moving and ideas flowing.

Recently I've found this awesome cold brew technique for making iced coffee. I love it because it doesn't require a coffee machine, and it's simple. This time of year I usually go for the iced coffee because the weather is so hot where I live. Besides all of that, it tastes really good. I was amazed how well it turned out.

The tutorial for making it is here: http://smallnotebook.org/2009/06/04/the-secret-to-great-iced-coffee/

I'm one of those people who don't follow the rules all of the time and like to experiment. So here are some things I learned while making this coffee:

Use a glass jar. I tried using a plastic container, and the coffee almost stained it. Not good.

Don't use a coffee filter to strain out the coffee grounds. It's very messy. Obviously, I know nothing about coffee machines.

Reusable coffee filters work great! The ones that are made out of metal wire mesh. I used that instead of a typical metal strainer, and it worked perfectly.

I like adding almond milk to my coffee. Adding some whip cream is still on the list. 

Iced coffee + working on art = Total Ultimate Bliss!

No comments :

Post a Comment