Wednesday, September 16, 2015

30 Days of Sticky Note Sketches: Days 1,2,3

For fun I'm doing this challenge where I draw on sticky notes for thirty days. It's a quick way to do art not related to my comic. So far I've found it fun and refreshing. Here's what I've drawn on days one, two and three. I've done a few more, but I think I'll only share my favorites.

All sketches were done totally off the top of my head--no erasing--with a blue sharpie pen.


Day One


The first sketch I did was a bunch of flying doughnuts! I think it's because I was looking at some kawaii key chains on Etsy, and adorable doughnuts is a common theme. Seeing a real doughnut with heart sprinkles would be so cool.

Day Two


Into the forest! I was feeling very artsy when I did this one. Drawing the trees were a little tedious, but I was really happy with how things turned out.

Day Three



I drew my breakfast. Normally I have a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon and craisins. I drew other things that I usually do during breakfast such as check my email (note the mouse in the background) and take my birth control pills. I'm surprised that I was able to capture the oatmeal texture... 

The coolest thing about doing art on sticky notes, is that I can stick these little sketches anywhere. Is renegade art in my future? It's a possibility. 




I'll be sharing more sticky note art soon! 

No comments :

Post a Comment